Joyous Songkran Splendors in Thailand
Nowadays both Thai and foreigners show more interest in joining Songkran Festival, especially in splashing water. Hence both public and private sectors agree to host Songkran celebration in various locations in order to create the distinct atmosphere for visitors to enjoy the festivity. And most importantly, the hosts pay most attention to making sure that participants will be safe and have great moments during their time in the Thai New Year, ‘Songkran in Thailand’.
Tips to fully enjoy Songkran in Thailand
– In the morning, make a merit and listen to preachment for blessing as it is New Year celebration
– To purify Buddha or another statue, the water should not pour right on the head, rather to other parts of the statues
– The custom of pouring water on elders’ (above 60 years old) hand, is to show them your respect and ask them for New Year blessing
– To celebrate Songkran in Thailand water should be lightly sprinkled. Water used in the festival must be clean, adding fragrance is optional. Dirty and/or cold water are not allowed, as well as to mixed water with ice, sweet basil seeds, sage, nor with dyeing color
– Avoid using high-pressured water gun or splash water aggressively to others
– Women should not wear tight and overly exposing clothes, including ones that are light in colors because it can lead to sexual harassment
*Call the TAT in your destinations for more information before going to the places for Songkran in Thailand*
If you are unsure of how to make a reservation visit the how to book page. Thank you very much and hope you have a safe trip.